Thursday 27 March 2014

My MAC eyeshadow palette - so far...

 As you can see, my MAC eyeshadow palette is still a work in process, but at £10 per eyeshadow, I'm easing my bank card in slowly.
I thought I'd show you which colours I've carefully collected so far and what I think of them. Can you see the colour theme so far? Yep, it's a typical neutral palette. All the shadows have a build-able, smooth pigmentation and are long lasting.

Starting from the bottom row, left to right...

Mulch: Officially described as "Red- Brown w/ bronze pearl"on the MAC website this shade is a beautiful colour. Admittedly it's my least used colour in my palette but it looks great when swiped over the lid.

Sable: Described as "Gold- plum w/ bronze pearl", as suggested it's a pearl finish which leaves a beautiful sheen on the lid.

Satin Taupe: This is probably my favourite shade in the pan. It is described as "Taupe with a silver shimmer" and I love it. It blends beautiful and I love to use it as part of my smokey eye. I'd describe it as a purpley grey shade.

Green Smoke: Described as "Tarnished olive" this shade has rather a lot of silver shimmery glitter in it. The colour is very sheer. Although it's called green smoke, the green tone is very subtle and beautiful.

Print: Described as "muted grey with shimmer", the shimmer is very subtle and adds a dimension to the colour. It's a bit softer than a solid black and I like to use it to line my upper lid.

Top-Bottom, Left - Right: Wedge, Naked Lunch, Omega, Mulch, Sable, Satin Taupe, Green Smoke, Print

Now the middle three...

Wedge: "Soft muted beige taupe" - this beautiful neutral shade is a great base and I often use it alone just swept over my lid for a quick make up look. It's warm toned and a matte finish.

Naked lunch: "Minimal pink with shimmer" can we just stare at this beautiful shade for a while? My most used shade, the shimmer is subtle and I like to use it for my inner corners as it wakens them up - whether this is a good idea or not I don't know but it works for me! I would describe it as a nude rather than a pink but it does have a very soft pink undertone I suppose. After Fleur deForce recommended this shadow so much on her Youtube videos etc I'm so glad I picked this one up.

Omega - my newest addition, "soft- muted beige taupe", well this has the same official definition as Wedge... but it is a cooler toned shadow and is slightly more grey. Again it is matte and is perfect for a quick swipe or as a base.





I hope you've enjoyed reading this, if you have any recommended shadows for me to add to my palette please let me know in the comments below! Next on my list are Patina and Brule I think!

Thanks for reading!
Vicky 
xo

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with conpleting your palette hun, ive also posted my mac palette if you would like to see! Have some of the shades you have!

    Follow for follow?
    www.lipsiie3.blogspot.com

    Lipsiie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These palette's are such a great idea!
    Thanks for sharing it!!
    xo Holly xo

    http://hollydolly88.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :) They are great, I can't wait til mine is completed :) xx

      Delete